Tuesday 26 April 2011

Bamboo transports human







Bamboo has transported quite a lot of human lately. In addition to Anselm's epic rides to Hamburg and Hannover, David Birger and myself recently rode from Berlin to Usedom... not in one day. Right before leaving I got Anja to pose with my bike.

The weather was ideal. The roads were amazing. The scenery even better. The closer we got to the coast, the cleaner and cooler the air became. We also discovered that when a German map says "aussichtspunkt" that usually means "spectacular free place to camp".

On the ferry between Ückermünde and Kamminke we met a biologist who was finishing his tour from Dresden to Usedom. In two days. wow. I think he wants a bamboo bike.

-dan

1 comment:

  1. Hehe, I guess the biologist, that's me. And no, it was closer to three days ;-). It was great meeting you guys. Nice to read that you've enjoyed your tour.
    I still haven't made up my mind on the bamboo bike. But I think I already know which side of the argument will win...

    ReplyDelete